Terms & Conditions
JUJ Taxis (hereon referred to as the company) undertakes to act as an agent for the hiring of licensed taxi cabs and drivers under the following terms and conditions.
1. The taxi meter will be set at the booked time (in the case of advance bookings), or on arrival (if booked “asap”). It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that they board the taxi promptly to keep the fare to a minimum.
2. All payments are made directly to the driver (unless an arrangement has been agreed in writing) and are accepted in cash or via Debit or Credit Card (by prior arrangement). Debit or Credit card payments are subject to a card handling fee imposed by our individual drivers’ card handling agents. JUJ drivers are always happy to stop at a convenient ATM for cash to be used and receipts are always available.
3. The company and it’s member drivers cannot be held responsible for any actual or consequential financial or professional loss, missed travel connections (flights, trains etc.) due to the late or non arrival of any taxi cab.
4. The company cannot be held responsible for losses consequential or actual arising from missed connections due to adverse weather, prevailing traffic conditions or any other events that negatively influence journey times.
5. Licensed taxis are insured for passenger and third party claim,, however customers personal property is carried entirely at their own risk and the company shall not be liable or held responsible for any loss or damage to said property.
6. The company and its member drivers reserve the right to refuse to carry passengers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who in the opinion of the driver pose a threat to him/herself or his/her vehicle.
7. All (non fixed/set price) journey cost estimates are offered In good faith, neither the company or it’s member drivers can be held responsible for any variations from those good faith estimations.
8. It is the customers obligation to actively seek out any taxi they book and to provide a working mobile or landline telephone number. The company and it’s member drivers will do all they reasonably can to ensure the taxi is waiting in an appropriate place for customers to find and will assist customers at all times.
9. A credit/debit card deposit will be required on all high value or multiple taxi bookings and not be refundable subject to subsequent clauses contained within these Terms & Conditions.
10. All bookings accepted by the company will be bound by these terms and conditions and customers will be deemed to have read and understood them when booking.
Fixed price bookings
The company offers fixed/set price booking on the following terms.
1. Unless otherwise stated in writing by the customer and accepted by the company all such bookings are 1 pick up and 1 set down. Deviation from this arrangement without 12 hours notice will result in the fare reverting to a metered fare.
2. All such fares carry a free 10 minute waiting period after which �6 per 15 minutes or part thereof will be added to the fixed/set price.
1. Web bookings are considered in the first instance to be non time critical and will be replied to within hours rather than within minutes.
2. Any web booking cancelled with less than 3 hours notice will incur a 50% forfeiture of the fare.
3. Any website booking cancelled out of normal office hours (9am to 5pm GMT) and with less than 12 hours notice will forfeit 50% of the fare.